Vegan Loaded Fries
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 1kg Sweet Potato Fries
- 150g Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- 3 Spring Onions, chopped
- 3 Chillies, chopped
- 1 Avocado, chopped
- Sea Salt, to season
- Fresh Coriander, to serve
- Fresh Lime, to serve
- FOR THE MUSHROOM GRAVY
- 20g Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- FOR THE 'CHEESE' SAUCE
- 20g Vegan Butter
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. Preheat your oven to 200C/180C fan and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- 2. Pop your fries onto the try in a single layer. Spread generously with oil and bake for 30-35 minutes until golden and tender, turning halfway through.
- 3. Whilst your fries are cooking make the mushroom gravy by popping your porcini mushrooms in a heatproof bowl and covering with boiling water; leave to stand for 15 minutes. The strain over a jug to save the liquid.
- 4. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and add your chestnut mushrooms. Cook for approximately 5 minutes or until golden brown, stirring throughout. Add your stock, porcini mushrooms and the mushroom liquid. Bring the mixture to the boil then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes. Strain your stock through a fine sieve into a jug.
- 5. Heat the remaining oil in your saucepan and add the flour. Cook for around 2 minutes or until the oil and flour are bubbling. Gradually stir in the reserved mushroom stock and bring to the oil. Add your Geo Watkins Mushroom Ketchup.
- 6. Now make your ‘cheese’ sauce. Melt your vegan butter in a small saucepan over a medium heat and add in the flour; cook for around 2 minutes or until it starts to bubble. Gradually stir in the soy milk and heat the mixture for around 8 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Now, whisk in your miso paste and vegan cheese until smooth. Finally season with pepper.
- 7. When your fries are ready take them out of the oven and season with salt. Place them on a large serving platter and top with ‘cheese’ sauce, gravy, tomatoes, avocado, onion and chilies. Serve with a wedge of lime and fresh coriander.
Recipe Cuisine: Vegan