Spiced Lamb Filo Pie
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large, red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 500 g minced lamb
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp Geo Watkins Mushroom Ketchup
- 200 g filo pastry
- 1 tsp butter, melted
- TO SERVE
- 200 ml natural yoghurt
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- 2. Put a large saucepan on a medium heat and add 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- 3. Add the red onion, garlic cloves and carrot and fry for around 7 minutes until soften.
- 4. When ready, add the minced meat and fry, stirring from time to time, until browned and cooked.
- 5. Stir in the pine nuts together with all the spices and Geo Watkins Mushroom Ketchup and cook for another 2 minutes to make sure all the ingredients are combined perfectly.
- 6. Spoon the meat mixture into the pie dish.
- 7. Cut each filo sheet into 4 long strips and brush them gently with the melted butter.
- 8. Scrunch the filo pastry strips gently and arrange on the top of the pie, making sure all the gaps are covered.
- 9. Brush over any remaining butter and bake for around 30 minutes until golden brown.
- 10. Serve with natural yoghurt mixed with the lemon juice and olive oil.
Recipe Cuisine: American