- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 2 sheet good quality puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons oil or butter
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 3 tbsp of Geo Watkins mushroom Ketchup
- 250 g of chestnut mushrooms finely chopped
- 2 springs of fresh parsley chopped finely
- 4 springs of fresh thyme
- Anchovy paste
- Parmesan cheese finely grated
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2. If using frozen puff pastry, take out of freezer to let thaw before unwrapping.
- 3. In a pan, heat oil or butter over medium heat. Add in garlic, chopped mushrooms, parsley and thyme with the Mushroom ketchup. Sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 4. Remove from heat. Let cool to at least room temperature (very important so that the puff pastry dough doesn't get too soft from heat).
- 5. Place puff pastry dough on a baking sheet. Apply a thin layer of anchovy paste to the baking pastry sheet
- 6. When mushroom mixture is cooled, add to the puff pastry and spread out evenly, leaving room on either side.
- 7. Roll both sides in until they meet in the middle. Cut into about 3cm pieces.
- 8. Turn and slight flatten on the side and brush with egg wash
- 9. Bake at 180 c. for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 10. Best served warmed.
Recipe Cuisine: Mediterranean