Mushroom and Mozzarella Arancini
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 350g Arborio Rice
- 2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 4 tbsp White Wine, optional
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 900ml Vegetable Stock
- 300ml Water
- 20g Parmesan Cheese, grated
- FOR THE FILLING
- 250g Chestnut Mushrooms, small diced
- 50g Plain Flour
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. FOR THE RISOTTO:
- 2. In a pan add butter and olive oil and sweat the chopped shallots and garlic.
- 3. Add Arborio rice and cook till it crackles and then add white wine and deglaze the pan.
- 4. Add vegetable stock and water and bring to boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook the risotto for 8-9 minutes without the lid.
- 5. Cool and mix grated parmesan cheese, mix well and keep aside.
- 6. FOR THE FILLING:
- 7. In a pan add olive oil and butter and sweat the chopped shallots and garlic.
- 8. Add mushrooms and cook on medium heat till cooked.
- 9. Add Geo Watkins Mushroom Ketchup and chopped parsley and mix well. Remove from fire, cool down properly and mix grated mozzarella cheese and keep aside.
- 10. ASSEMBLY:
- 11. Take approximately 25g of cold risotto in your palms and flatten. Add a teaspoon of the filling and fold to make a ball shape and keep aside. Follow this procedure for all the rice. Once made keep in fridge for 15 minutes.
- 12. Once the balls are made, roll these first in plain flour, then in whisked egg and then coat in BD panko bread crumbs. Follow this process for all the risotto balls.
- 13. Heat oil @ 180° C and fry the crumbed risotto ball to light golden colour and serve hot with any dip.
Recipe Cuisine: Mediterranean