Fillet Steak with Wild Mushroom Sauce
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 2 Fillet Steaks
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp Costa Salt
- ¼ tsp Crushed Black Pepper
- 3 tbsp Geowatkins Mushroom Ketchup
- WILD MUSHROOM SAUCE
- 1 tbsp Butter
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. Marinate the fillet steaks with olive oil, salt, crushed black pepper and Geowatkins mushroom ketchup, cover and keep in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- 2. To make the sauce, in a deep frying pan add oil and butter and heat till the butter melts.
- 3. Add chopped garlic and shallots and sauté till the garlic and shallots are translucent.
- 4. Add sliced mushrooms and cook till the mushrooms are cooked through.
- 5. Add vegetable stock, water, black pepper, Geowatkins mushroom ketchup, bring to boil and reduce to 3/4th volume.
- 6. Add cream and parsley and mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes check the seasoning and keep aside warm.
- 7. Cook the marinated steaks according to your liking and rest for 1-2 minutes .
- 8. Keep the cooked and rested steak in the centre of the plate and pour over wild mushroom sauce on top and some on side.
Recipe Cuisine: American